Would you like to enter into a law enforcement career serving over 30,000 citizens?
If this sounds like what you’re looking for in a career, the Monroe Police Department is looking for you too!
Starting salary: $43,900
$46,104 after graduating BLET
$48,419 after one-year probation
Do you have a degree?
Associates Degree – 2.5% increase after probation
Bachelors Degree – 5% increase after probation
Masters Degree – 6% increase after probation
Other pay incentives:
- Bilingual Stipend
- 16 Paid Holidays
- Career Development Plan
- 2.5% increase every two years
- Insurance Coverage after retirement
- 75% at 25 years of service
- 100% at 30 years of service
- Tuition Reimbursement available
Uniform Dry Cleaning available at no cost
Take Home Vehicle Program Available
- Must be at least 20 years of age at date of application and 21 years of age at time of hire
- Must have earned at least a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid drivers license and possess a safe driving record
- Must not have been convicted of any felony or serious misdemeanor
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be of good character and reputation
- Must submit to and pass an extensive background investigation
- Must not have history of abuse of marijuana or any other illegal substance such as mushrooms, LSD, etc.
- Must not have evidence of continual poor financial responsibility such as a credit history of unjustifiable late payments of debts, wage garnishments, civil judgments, or bankruptcy
- Must successfully complete a medical examination and psychological assessment
The Monroe Police Department is committed to equal employment opportunity and supports affirmative action throughout the recruitment and selection process. The selection process usually takes three to four months. Candidates must successfully complete the following:
- Application Process
- Oral and Written Interview
- Interview before a Review Board
- Background Investigation
- Medical Examination
- Psychological Assessment
- Final Approval by Chief of Police
Any questions regarding this procedure should be directed to the Recruiting Officer of the Monroe Police Department, Sgt. Daniel Ciminna at (704) 282-4722.
The Monroe Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer