The Monroe Parks and Recreation Department strives to provide quality recreation facilities and programs that promote healthy and active living opportunities for our residents. We offer a variety of activities for all ages and fitness levels. At our facilities, you can enjoy golf, swimming, athletic programs and leagues, fitness classes, senior programs and much more. Day camps, after-school, and educational programs are offered year-round at many of our facilities. Spend some time in one of our parks picnicking and enjoying one of our many playgrounds with your children. Explore our downtown area as you enjoy a walk or run on the Bearskin Creek and Downtown Connector Greenways. Or, if you prefer indoor activities, our Aquatics and Fitness Center has something for everyone. Sign up for a membership and start your journey to a healthier life today.
UPDATE - MARCH 25th, 2020
For complete information regarding all city cancelations, please follow the following link:
Parks and Recreation
- The Monroe Aquatics and Fitness Center will be closed through April 25 per N.C .Gov. Roy Cooper's Executive Order 120.
- Monroe recreation centers and community centers will be closed through April 17 including all programming. Staff will be evaluating the situation during this time.
- The Ellen Fitzgerald Senior Center will be closed through April 17 including all programming. Staff will be evaluating the situation during this time.
- Reservations of facilities have been suspended.
All outdoor restroom facilities and playgrounds will be closed.
All picnic shelters on City property are closed.
All common areas in parks, greenways, and golf courses will remain open with social distancing being encouraged.
Monroe Country Club golf course has made the following amendments in our efforts to protect both golfers and our staff as we continue on this Covid-19 journey,:
1. The Pro Shop is closed to to public access. All payments will be taken via phone as debit or credit cards. A sign will be posted on the door to the Pro Shop so if someone arrives and needs to pay, they can call the Pro Shop and pay with card on-site.
2. Individual cart use is encouraged -- one per person.
3. Time between tee times is being extended to ensure carts are available for individual use as well as to spread players throughout the course.
4. The starter area is roped off to ensure social distancing is achieved.
Monroe Country Club golf course outdoor patio area is closed to promote social distancing.
Music on Main - April 23rd - Part Time Party Time Band
EASTER EGGSTRAVAGANZA - APRIL 4, 2020
Parks Williams Athletic Complex
April 10th Car Cruise In featuring Race Cars
NOTICE: A FRIENDLY REMINDER OF OUR GENERAL PARK RULES