The Finance Department strives to provide quality
services and cost-effective financial practices with
both accuracy and transparency, thus ensuring
the continued growth and economic success of
the City of Monroe, its citizens, and surrounding
The Finance and Administration Department consists of 8 divisions:
• oversees financial reporting and inquiries, accounts payable, and payroll transactions.
• oversees annual budget process, research and analysis, and financial administration.
• establishes new utility accounts and addresses customer concerns.
• collects utility payments, tax payments, and all miscellaneous revenues.
Revenue / Tax
• coordinates tax billing and revenue collection and maintains tax records.
Purchasing, Warehouse, and Fleet Maintenance
• administers all purchasing, oversees and maintains warehouse, and maintains City vehicles and equipment.
• distributes utility bills to residents and businesses and oversees meter-reading staff.