Our mission is to create a sustainable community of lasting values by preserving our past and planning for the future while enhancing the quality of life. We are committed to protecting the public health, safety, and welfare of the citizens within our community through quality customer service, education, and planning.
The Planning and Development Department consists of five divisions:
- Responsible for Current and Long Range Planning, Transportation Planning, Historic Preservation, and Zoning Enforcement.
- Responsible for Commerical Plan Review and Inspections to include Building, Plumbing, Electrical, and Mechanical.
- Responsible for investigating and enforcing compliance for Minimum Housing, Public Health Nuisance, and Illegal Parkings in Yards. Community Maintenance also falls under the Code Enforcement Division. They are responsible for Right-of-Way Maintenance (including mowing), Removal of Illegal Signs, and Litter Removal (includinging Illegal Dumping)
- Responsible for Strategice Planning, Creating Policies for Neighborhood and Economic Vitality. and Community Revitalization.
- Responsible for Processing Various Permits such as Building & Occupancy, Zoning, Erosion Control, Storm Water, Water & and Sewer, and Fire.
If you have questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact the main Planning line at (704) 282-4520.
Spain; a gorgeous historic city southwest of Madrid, Spain