YARD WASTE DELAY
The City of Monroe would like to inform all residents that there may a delay in yard waste pickup over the next few weeks. With the number of residents staying home at this time, we are experiencing a larger than normal quantity of yard waste on each service day. Waste Pro will continue collection and will work diligently to have the yard waste cleaned up as soon as possible. In order to help Waste Pro with the cleanup process, we would like to remind residents of the yard waste collection requirements:
- Tree limbs, brush and shrub trimmings must be piled at the curb and must be free of other debris. Small brush and shrub trimmings should be bagged for collection.
- Tree limbs must be no longer than four (4) feet in length and six (6) inches in diameter. Thorny type trimmings must be placed in a separate pile.
- Yard waste shall not include trees, tree limbs, brush that has been cut by commercial tree trimmers and/or commercial lawn care services. Tree and shrub trimmings cut by contractors are the responsibility of the contractors and are not picked up by the Solid Waste collection.
- Loose yard waste such as grass clippings, leaves, pinecones, straw and vines must be bagged and placed by the curbside. Although the City collects grass clippings we encourage homeowners to compost or leave grass on yards for fertilization.
- Please do not mix non-organic items (roofing tiles, scrap lumber, rocks, etc) with your yard waste.
- Yard waste will not be picked up from vacant lots or abandoned structures.
- Yard waste is not collected from Commercial Businesses.
The City of Monroe appreciates your patience and assistance in this matter.