Yard waste is collected once a week on the same day as your garbage collection. Yard waste is defined as grass, weeds, leaves, tree trimmings, plants and shruberry clippings.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Tree limbs, brush and shrubbery trimmings must be piled at the curb and must be free of other debris. Small brush and shrub trimmings should be bagged for collection.
- Tree limbs must be no longer than four (4) feet in length and six (6) inches in diameter. Pick-up does not include tree trunks or root balls. Thorny type trimmings must be placed in a separate pile.
- Yard waste shall not include trees, tree limbs, brush that has been cut by commercial tree trimmers and/or commercial lawn care services. Tree and shrub trimmings cut by contractors are the responsibility of the contractors and are not picked up by the Solid Waste collection.
- Yard waste shall not include straw, dirt, or mulch. Those items can be disposed of at the Union County Landfill.
- Loose yard waste such as grass clippings, leaves, pinecones, and vines must be bagged and placed by the curbside. Although the City collects grass clippings we encourage homeowners to compost or leave grass on yards for fertilization. You may use clear plastic bags, paper yard waste bags, or purchase your own small container from your local hardware store to reuse each week. If using a container please clearly mark YARD WASTE on the side.
- Yard waste will not be picked up from vacant lots or abandoned structures.
- Yard waste is not collected from Commercial Businesses.
TIPS FOR SETTING OUT YARD WASTE:
Small manageable piles of limbs. Clear plastic or paper bags are acceptable for clippings and leaves.
Yard waste mixed with trash or any other types of non yard waste material will not be collected.