Social Media Rules of Engagement and Community Guidelines
The City of Monroe utilizes multiple digital platforms to connect with the community on a wide array of topics. These sites are intended to be a welcoming resource for the community to learn, engage and provide input.
Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and are subject to City of Monroe policies and guidelines. While comments will not be blocked, hidden or removed from the site based strictly on their content generally, the City reserves the right to block, hide or remove comments/postings that contain the following:
1. Vulgar, abusive or threatening language, defamatory statements or nudity in profile pictures or attachments;
2. Personal attacks, hate speech or offensive terminology targeting individuals or groups of individuals;
3. Suggestions or encouragement of illegal activity;
4. Unsolicited business proposals or endorsements/promotion of commercial services, products or entities;
5. Infringements of copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property;
6. Endorsements of political parties, candidates or groups;
7. Off-topic comments/posts, spam or links to other sites;
Violations of the City’s comment standards may result in a public user’s comments or postings being removed or banned from City social media sites. The City's social media policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time without prior notice. All comments/postings shall be retained in accordance with City record retention policies.
Users should be cautioned not to use any City managed social media site for emergency purposes and should not depend solely on these sites when another form of filing, notification or request is required. For emergencies please call 911 and for NON-emergency issues please use our on line ‘Public Issue Reporting’ at the following link: