The City of Monroe’s Engineering Department will launch a project to resurface and repair several streets beginning on March 15 through June 15, starting on Concord Ave and Breckonridge Center Dr. The roadway repairs will include various types of work including milling, full depth patching, and reclamation with cement on some streets prior to final resurfacing.
All streets will remain open throughout the repairs but will be narrowed to one lane of traffic at times. Access will be maintained to property owners and businesses within the immediate work area. Motorists are encouraged to avoid these areas during construction and take alternate routes when possible. All work will progress as weather allows.
The following streets will be resurfaced:
- Concord Avenue, Walnut St. to Hwy 74 overpass
- Breckonridge Center Drive, US Hwy 74 to Dewberry Ln.
- Wilson Avenue, Old Charlotte Hwy to US Hwy 74
- Hickory Grove Drive, John Moore Rd. to End
- Johnson Street, Franklin St. to Lancaster Ave.
- Icemorlee Street, N. Johnson St. to Goldmine Rd.
- Engleside Street, Johnson St. to Icemorlee St.
- Gleneagles Drive, Stevens Rd. to End
- White Marsh Lane, Gleneagles Dr. to End
- Lasalle Street, US Hwy 74 to End
- Green Street, Maurice St. to Thompson St.
- Cuthbertson Street, Walkup Ave. to southern end
- Cuthbertson Street, Walkup Ave. to Riverside Ln.
- Davis Street, Cuthbertson St. to End
The City of Monroe has awarded a resurfacing contract to Lynches River Contracting, Inc. of Pageland, SC for the repairs.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the City of Monroe Engineering Department at (704) 282-4587.